Monday, September 23, 2013

Themes - by Laurie

When we planned this trip we decided that our themes would be Nature and Climate Change. It's always good to have a theme, it helps focus the trip and ensures a common thread throughout your travels. Even when we don't have a theme, a common thread usually emerges. 

But trips seldom go as planned. We've been mostly in cities so there has been little opportunity to commune with nature, and I've had few interactions about climate change. In fact, for the last couple of weeks I've been planning to write a post to announce our new themes: trains and eating.

Eating is what we do the very best, and we're certainly enjoying eating our way through the countries we visit. I am well aware I will pay for this joy when we return but I'm not willing to give up one morsel of this aspect of our travels. We start most days with a B&B breakfast--today I had organic fruit salad and porridge plus hot Camembert with mushrooms on seeded toast. Yesterday I had lamb cawl (a lamb vegetable stew) for lunch. And an Eton Mess for dessert last night. Yum!

But the point of this post is that, although eating is certainly our major theme, we've had the ultimate climate change-related experience today so climate change will remain a major theme of this trip. But I think the Centre for Alternative technology deserves a post of its own.

Waffle with brown cheese in Norway. 

Dinner buffet on the ferry--once is enough.

Langoustines at Isle of Mull.

Fish pie for me at the Fish Cafe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment