Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Copenhagen time - by Dale

We are settled in and starting to get into some local routines after a heavy dose of jet lag. Copenhagen is all that I've heard about it and much more than I have been able to process yet.
The time change still has me off as does my inability to navigate by the horizon and known landmarks. The names of streets have far too many syllables and unknown letters for me to master. Luck that every one speaks English so well. The currency will take more time but locals are very tolerant and willing to help for the most part. 

 I'm glad we will be back here at the end of this trip to fill in some gaps that will exist as we are finding it a challenge to get around and see all we want in spite of how walkable or bikeable it is around here.  I haven't figured out the system in use as a steady stream of riders flow around me everywhere. The size and shape of bikes is much more functional than at home too.

The weather has been great as has the food, drinks, scenery and everything else we have encountered. We have covered many kilometers under maze like conditions too It is also a challenge to document all that we are taking in in spite of journals, photos, sketches and more. I'm grabbing photos as I remember and placing them here for the time being as we figure out our options using iPads. 
Photoshare link:
We have a full day to cover much ground and prepare for our next stop in Stockholm on Friday. 

I will never look at Ikea the same again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment